Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Stance!!!!

1) I typically share posts that I find funny or interesting. Current topics that I believe in I share on my Facebook such as Feminism and Climate Change. I don't go crazy sharing things but I do participate in the activity. It may be annoying to some people but in all honesty I do not care because I share it for the people who I know will enjoy it as well as for myself to keep. 


2) ) This was the only thing I could think of and it isn't necessarily a "public topic" however, it was an instagram caption displayed to the public. Pardon the profanity but it states, "That lil ho** she a f**in thot all she good for is givin top bo bo bo boooom" Basically, this instagram caption states that women cannot express any form of sexual activity without being shamed for it. While in the mean time, he states that the only thing a woman is good for is providing sexual pleasure for a man but then after is called a slut. This "lyrical" instagram bio as referred to by some fellow classmates is not only extremely sexist, pathetic and horrible but it also quite paradoxical. If not evident enough, I hate this caption. This reinforces the patriarchy while in the mean time marginalizes women's sexuality.

Have you shared or liked a post that is a current issue or topic that is important to you? Is there an oppositional view? Why do you think your stance is right? Why are "they" wrong?
I liked this post that my friend put on her page. Feminism is important to me because I believe in equality and breaking down the numerous stereotype that I am associated with because I am a woman. I also don't believe that I need to adhere to specific standards just because of my gender, I am my own person and therefore I can do whatever I want, if I don't want to put on makeup so be it, I don't have to. (wow that was a run on sentence)  I refuse to be put down because of my gender. The oppositional viewpoint is that feminists are just men haters who complain too much, don't shave and believe they are too entitled. I could go on a whole rant but I will spare you, basically it is stated up above. When people say they hate feminism it makes my skin crawl. They are wrong about feminism because that just isn't simply what it means. 

3) I am very concerned that our planet will explode or humanity will implode (because people are stupid) and either way we will all die. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree! The double standard for women is not just and its crazy how many people don't see it. I also truly believe in equality for women and I think it is important to advocate for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im weak.... "That lil ho** she a f**in thot all she good for is givin top bo bo bo boooom"

    Yeah its totally one way, but society can try to change this view on women. It has been going on since the beginning and we should stop this now. But I dislike extreme feminism, when they use violence to portray their message. This puts feminists in a bad light which sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAOOO. Olivia this is very funny. I do agree that this is degrading, however you shouldn't let the lyrics of a small portion of music offend you. There is much more music than the rap that degrades women that promotes their care.

    ReplyDelete